PLCA Board of Directors Meeting
Wed. Sept. 13, 2017, 7:30 pm. at SAWDAC
Chairperson: David Mitten – President - present
Executive: Melanie Spencer – Vice-president -
Lorne Wallace – Treasurer -
Paul O’Krafka – Secretary - present
Donna McKenna – Executive -
Directors: Ken Roth – Township Councillor -
Heather Leybourne – North Shore – present
Donna O’Krafka – Bayview – present
Ken Root – Rhodes Road -
Kevin Axt – Clergy Lane - present
Kathleen Zymerman – McCormick Point - present
Todd Christensen – Irish Creek -
Doreen Tschanz – Eagle Lane & Recording Secretary - present
Non-Voting Participants: Paul Wyszynski - present
Meeting to order at 7:30 pm
Motion: to approve the August minutes made by Donna O’Krafka; 2nded by Kevin Axt; carried
Dredging Report – emailed by Dave Taliano
The average round trip takes 1:30-1:45 hr in travel, 30 minutes to load, 1 hr to unload. Total time per load 3-3:30 hours per load. Approximately 9000 ton have been removed this year. Hoping to hit 20,000-ton goal plus tonnage from future private dredging. Dewatering pit is filling up quickly. Anticipate to be completely full at year end. Currently just over the halfway point for the PLCA dredge budget.
PLCA Bylaw Revision – David Mitten
Jack Ward & David met & made suggestions & gave to Mel Spencer to write into the governmental format.
Christmas Concert – David Mitten
The poster is made and distributed. Sarah Hamell was made chair of this committee.
Microbe Monitoring - residents are noticing that floating weeds have root balls attached. This usually occurs when ice removes weeds. Wondering if caused by microbes eating sediment and exposing the roots.
Hoe Down made $6250. Thank you, North Shore residents, for hosting this event.
Announcement – Donna O’Krafka is retiring as Bayview rep. Dawn Rosa is replacing her.
No Treasurer Report
1) Donna McKenna & Mel Spencer will finish the Trillium application for November deadline.
2) Donna McKenna & Lorne Wallace will decide whether to change the credit card mechanism to 6 months rather than 1 year at end of 2017 fundraising events
3) Mel Spencer will investigate pursuing a Grant Writer who will volunteer.
4) Lorne Wallace will meet with Min. of Natural Resources.
5) Art Zymerman is waiting for a Donor List from Donna McKenna or Lorne Wallace so that he can update the Donor Board.
Adjourned at 8:00 pm.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at7:30 pm - Lone Wolf/ RBC Building, Can-amera Pkwy