PLCA Board Meeting Minutes - Wednesday, October 11. 2017
7:30 pm – SAWDAC
Chairperson: David Mitten – President, Executive: Melanie Spencer – Vice-president - present,
Lorne Wallace – Treasurer -NP, Paul O’Krafka – Secretary - present, Donna McKenna – Executive - present
Directors: Ken Roth – Township Councillor - present, Heather Laybourne – North Shore – present
Dawn Rosa – Bayview – present, Ken Root – Rhodes Road - NP, Kevin Axt – Clergy Lane - present
Kathleen Zymerman – McCormick Point - present, Todd Christensen – Irish Creek - NP
Doreen Tschanz – Eagle Lane & Recording Secretary – present
Donna O’Krafka – present, Art Zymerman – Past President – present, Paul Wyszynski - present
Meeting to order at 7:37 pm by VP Mel Spencer
Motion: To approve the September minutes made by Paul O’Krafka; 2nded by Kevin Axt; carried
PLCA Bylaws – Mel Spencer
Mel has the changes but wants Brian Riehl’s governmental format work in order to finish.
Trillium Grant – Donna McKenna
Donna finished the registration. The grant has been revamped into 3 categories – a) Capital Grant used for equipment purchases and something spectacular; b) Grow Grant used for a project that is underway and needs funding to keep going and is what Donna will apply in May; c) Seed Grant used for a new project.
Donations – Mel Spencer
Treasurer Lorne Wallace emailed the board previously as he was unable to attend this meeting. Lorne reported that the PLCA is $35,000 short for budgeted donations. He asked the board to discuss how to obtain this money. Art Zymerman suggested that people need to be made aware that donations are needed in order to pay for end of 2017 dredging & next year’s.
After discussing methods and wording, it was decided that Mel Spencer will draft an E-blast to send to members after allowing the board to okay the wording.
Website – Mel Spencer
Mel suggested adding a button for buying PLCA event tickets. Donna O’Krafka will ascertain if this is possible.
Mel suggested obtaining email addresses from PLCA event participants so that they can be sent directly regarding upcoming events.
Dave Taliano made a drone video of the dredging and wants to put it on the website but it is in a format that is non-compatible with the website. Heather Laybourne knows a skier who can format the video and contacted him while at this meeting. We will await his response
Adjourned at 8:30 pm Motion made by Donna O’Krafka & Heather Laybourne
Next Meeting - Wednesday, November 8, 2017 - 7:30 pm, Lone Wolf/ RBC Building, CanAmera Pkwy
1) Donna McKenna & Lorne Wallace will decide whether to change the credit card mechanism to 6 months rather than 1 year at end of 2017 fundraising events
2) Mel Spencer will investigate pursuing a Grant Writer who will volunteer.
3) Lorne Wallace will meet with Min. of Natural Resources.
4) Lorne Wallace will give Art Zymerman a donor list so that he can update the Donor Board.
5) Mel Spencer will draft an E-blast regarding need for donations and calendar pictures and send
it to the board for approval.
6) Heather Laybourne will report on formatting of Dave Taliano’s drone video.
7) Donna O’Krafka will ascertain if a website button for event ticket purchases is possible.